I am finding myself especially thankful this morning. We are preparing for a mini camp session this weekend after having a board meeting last week, hosting 400 guests this past Friday at ‘Rents, and planning for our upcoming board retreat. Days have been busy and nights have been long but our cause is OH so good so our wee staff trucks along with joyful hearts.
Today’s gratitude is connected to some good news…
We hired our very first year-round Program Coordinator in January yet have been quiet about announcing it to allow her to share the career change with current colleagues, students, families, and administrators. Although we were really hoping to have this staff member join us in January, she justifiably needed to wrap up her school year. And, without a doubt, it was decided that she was worth waiting for.
I’m honored to announce that Aimee Gorrow will be joining our staff. She’ll jump in this weekend then return regularly in late May. To find out more about this impressive gal, read her bio HERE. I am overwhelmed with joy that she will be in the office with us–leading our programming with immense knowledge and a devoted heart.
Those that are supporting this smooth transition deserve immense thanks…
- Kristi and Sandy, our Behavior Specialists: although you both have full time positions and a family, you jump right in when a need presents itself and happily lead (Sandy is spending her entire spring break in the office making sure all details are ready for this weekend’s camp session; I truly don’t know what we would have done without her devotion this week!)
- Our intern, Ryan: you came into the life of Camp Encourage at just the right time and have been a perfectly-fitted addition
- Our contracted grant writer, Susan who, behind the scenes, is diligently crafting beautiful proposals with intentions of gathering resources to support our deserving campers
- Our Events Coordinator, Sara who will swing in at the drop of the hat and help wherever needed (while also planning enjoyable and successful events)
- Our volunteers that devote roughly 20,000 hours annually in support of our campers (Yumiko is an especially treasured volunteer that supports our efforts weekly)
- Katie, our Data Entry Operator who ever-so-efficiently is on top of tracking lists, donors, and our entire database.
I sincerely do not know where we’d be without each of these valuable team members. How absolutely fortunate am I to have staff and contractors that joyfully enter the door of Camp Encourage, go above and beyond without hesitation, and keep the sweet faces of our campers at heart always.
Join me in thanking these hard working, good-hearted humans and in welcoming our newest addition, Aimee Gorrow!